Botox® Cosmetic is a simple, nonsurgical, physician-administered treatment that can temporarily smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and also reduce the appearance of crows feet and forehead wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that cause them to occur. Aura's experienced physician uses the latest techniques to administer Botox® Cosmetic safely and effectively. Treatment with Botox® Cosmetic is fast (a simple 10 minute procedure) and minimally invasive with no down time or recovery, allowing most patients to return immediately to work or their normal daily activities.
What Does it Treat?
Botox® Cosmetic is a purified protein administered in a simple, nonsurgical procedure that temporarily improves the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines in people ages 18-65. Botox® Cosmetic is used to treat:
- Frown lines between the brows (glabellar)
- Forehead wrinkles
- Crows feet
How Does it Work?
Botox® Cosmetic is a purified protein produced by the Clostridium botulinum bacterium that works by temporarily reducing the contractions of the muscles that cause those persistent frown lines that have developed between your brows, on your forehead or crows feet. Botox® Cosmetic is injected directly into these muscles and works by blocking the transmission of nerve impulses to the injected muscles; this reduces the activity of the muscles that cause those persistent lines to form. Within days, you'll see a marked improvement that can last up to four months.
Who is a Candidate?
Men and women between the ages of 18 and 65 may be a candidate for Botox® Cosmetic. Aura offers free consultations with our board certified physicians that will help determine if treatment with Botox® Cosmetic is right for you.
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
The most common areas treated with Botox® Cosmetic are the muscles between your brows, forehead and crows feet. Generally, each patient can expect the following:
- Treatments are performed in the privacy and comfort of Aura Skin Spa, by a board certified physician.
- Our physician gently administers several tiny injections of Botox® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate to severe frown lines to form between the brows on the forehead or crows feet.
- No anesthesia is required, although Aura's physician may choose to numb the area with a cold ice pack or anesthetic cream prior to injecting. Discomfort is usually minimal and brief.
- The procedure takes no more than 10 minutes for the physician to perform.
- Patients can immediately return to work or their normal daily activities.
- Within days, you will start to see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines where the Botox® Cosmetic was administered.
- Improvement with Botox® Cosmetic typically last up to four months. Results vary with each patient.
Is it Painful?
Botox® Cosmetic is a simple, 10 minute, non-surgical process. There is minimal discomfort and only a few tiny injections are administered. No anesthetic cream is required prior to the treatment.
How Long Does it Last?
After treatment with Botox® Cosmetic results are typically seen in days and last up to four months. Results vary with each patient. To maintain results, Botox® Cosmetic is recommended every four months. If patients choose to not continue treatments, the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows, crows feet or forehead wrinkles will gradually look like they did before treatment.