Aura offers Kybella® – a revolutionary new injection for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe fullness associated with submental fat, sometimes referred to as “double chin”. It can impact a broad range of adults, including both men and women, and can be influenced by several factors such as aging, genetics and weight gain, and is often resistant to diet and exercise alone.
Aura’s physicians and medical experts in facial aesthetics and cosmetic injectables, provide free consultations to evaluate if Kybella® is the right treatment for you.
How Does Kybella Work?
Kybella® is a specialized injectable treatment used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
When injected into the fat, Kybella® causes the destruction of these fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
The active ingredient in Kybella® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of fat.
The fat that is treated with Kybella® is processed through your body’s natural metabolism.
How Many Treatments of Kybella Will I Need?
Aura’s physicians and medical experts will help determine how many treatment sessions you need based on the amount and distribution of your submental fat and your personal treatment goals. Patients generally need 3 – 6 sessions.
Kybella® works to break down the fat over time, thus multiple treatments may be necessary.
What Can I Expect During and After Treatment?
Each patient can expect the following:
- Treatments are performed in the privacy and comfort of Aura Skin Spa, by a board certified physician or medical professional.
- Before and after photos will be taken.
- An anesthetic may be applied prior to the treatment.
- A prescription strength pain reliever may be given prior to the treatment.
- Kybella® is administered via an injection process.
- The procedure typically takes 30 minutes or longer to perform. This is dependent on the amount of Kybella® used during each treatment.
- The treatment area may become swollen and red and may persist for several hours to several days. We recommend ice to reduce swelling.
- You should be able to resume your normal daily activities, however, keep your social plans and work commitments in mind when scheduling your treatment.
Who is a Good Candidate for Kybella?
Men and women are both candidates for Kybella®. If you’re bothered by the fat under your chin (submental fullness) and not ready to undergo surgery or you eat well, diet and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away, you may be a candidate for Kybella®. Aura’s physicians and medical experts provide free consultations to evaluate if Kybella® is the right treatment for you.