Aura Skin Spa provides skin resurfacing using the newest and latest Fraxel® technology in San Francisco – the Fraxel® DUAL. The Fraxel® DUAL technology consists of two treatment modes, one that effectively targets the skin’s surface and the other that effectively treats the deeper skin layers.
The Fraxel® DUAL treatment is a safe, non-invasive laser procedure that helps restore your skin to its youthful appearance with minimal downtime. With a “fractional” approach to resurfacing the skin, Fraxel® DUAL uses the body’s own natural healing process to create new healthy tissue to replace skin imperfections such as age spots, sun spots, wrinkles, skin texture, acne scars and melasma (the mask of pregnancy).
Benefits of Fraxel® DUAL procedure include:
- Smoother, fresher, younger looking skin
- Improved tone and texture
- Reduced wrinkles around the eyes and brow lines
- Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
- Correction for pigmentation from age spots and sun damage
Please call us to learn more about receiving treatment with Fraxel® DUAL in our San Francisco office.
What Does Fraxel® DUAL Treat?
Fraxel® DUAL treatment has been FDA-cleared for the following skin conditions:
- Fine lines around the eyes
- Age spots/sun damage
- Acne scars and surgical scars
- Melasma (the mask of pregnancy)
- Discoloration and uneven pigmentation
- Sun-induced redness
- Irregular texture and pore size
How Does Fraxel® DUAL Work?
Fraxel® DUAL treatment works by creating thousands of tiny microscopic laser wounds (one-tenth the diameter of a hair follicle) into the skin. Fraxel® DUAL treatment only affects a “fraction” of the tissue at a time leaving a majority the skin unaffected. This treatment triggers your own body’s natural healing process to heal those wounds, resulting in remodeling of collagen and elastin.
This treatment not only penetrates deep into the dermis where collagen is stimulated, but also resurfaces the upper-most layer (the epidermis) which helps to eliminate unwanted pigmentation.
Since a “fraction” of the skin is treated, multiple sessions are recommended for maximum results. Typically a series of 3 to 5 sessions are performed at 4 to 6 week intervals.
Who is a Candidate for Fraxel® DUAL?
Fraxel® DUAL treatment is safe and effective for all skin types. Darker skin types may be at a higher risk of hyperpigmentation. Aura offers free consultations with our physicians and medical professionals for Fraxel® DUAL in San Francisco to help determine if you are a candidate for the Fraxel® DUAL treatment.
Call us at (415) 788-3800 to learn if you are a candidate for Fraxel® DUAL in our San Francisco office.
What Can I Expect During Fraxel® DUAL Treatment?
The most common areas treated with Fraxel® DUAL are the face, neck, chest and hands. Generally, each patient can expect the following:
- Treatments are performed in the privacy and comfort of Aura Skin Spa, by a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or registered nurse.
- Safety eyeglasses are worn to protect the medical practitioner’s and the patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- Patients arrive approximately one hour before their treatment for the application of topical lidocaine cream.
- The tip of the Fraxel® hand-piece is gently touched against the skin and precise microscopic laser columns are targeted superficially and deep into the dermis.
- A slight stinging sensation is felt and is relieved with blasts of cold air used for patient comfortability.
- This is repeated over the entire face or the surface-area that is being treated.
- The procedure takes approximately 30-45 minutes for the full face. The treatment can be shorter or longer depending on the area or areas being treated.
- The treated area usually becomes pink or red and may last from a few hours to several days and is relieved with the application of ice, cooling gels or other calming agents.
Is Fraxel® DUAL Painful?
The degree of discomfort varies with each patient, depending on his/her pain threshold. Some patients may feel a slight stinging sensation with the laser pulse.
This discomfort is minimized by topical anesthesia such as lidocaine cream or ointment that is applied to the area being treated approximately one hour before the procedure.
How Many Fraxel® DUAL Sessions Will I Need?
Everyone’s skin is different. Depending on the severity of an individual’s problem, a series of treatment sessions may be recommended. Since only a “fraction” of the skin is treated, maximum results can be achieved with a series of 3 to 5 sessions that are performed at 4 to 6 week intervals.
Please call or email today to learn more about Fraxel® DUAL in our San Francisco office.