Aura offers Juvéderm® injectable gel, a hyaluronic acid that was introduced from the creators of Botox® Cosmetic. Juvéderm® is a dermal filler that is used to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as your “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds – the lines that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth). Juvéderm® can also be administered in the lips – enhancing them for a fuller, smooth and natural look.
What is Juvéderm?
Juvéderm® is a smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. As we age, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish and over time, wrinkles and folds begin to form. Juvéderm® offers an immediate nonsurgical option that safely and effectively corrects these moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Since no allergy testing is required, Aura’s physicians can immediately administer Juvéderm on your lunch hour with minimal recovery without disruption of your daily activities.
How Does it Work?
Juvéderm® is an injectable gel dermal filler that is a physician administered treatment. Aura’s physicians gently administer the gel like substance – hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring substance in your body) into the soft tissue of the dermis – the dense inner layer of skin beneath the epidermis . This process adds volume which, in turn, diminishes the visible wrinkles and folds. Juvéderm® can be administered safely anywhere in the face. Juvéderm® is very effective for filling the nasolabial folds (laugh lines that run from the nose to the corner of your mouth), enhancing the lips for a fuller look, filling the marionette lines around the mouth and great for chin wrinkles and forehead lines.
Who Is A Candidate for Juvéderm®?
Men and women are both candidates for Juvéderm®. No allergy testing is required and treatments can be performed immediately by one of our board certified physicians. Juvéderm® injectable gel is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is proven to be safe and effective for persons of color.
What Can I Expect During Juvéderm® Treatment?
Juvéderm® is used to fill moderate to severe facial wrinkles in the face. The most common area treated with Juvéderm® is the lines that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds). For lip augmentation, Juvéderm® is the preferred filler. During the treatment, each patient can expect the following:
- Treatments are performed in the privacy and comfort of Aura Skin Spa, by a board certified physician.
- Our physician may provide an anesthetic injection prior to the treatment.
- Juvéderm® is administered via an injection process.
- The procedure typically takes 30 minutes or longer for the physician to perform. This is dependent on the amount of Juvéderm® used during each treatment.
- Some patients can return immediately to work or resume their normal daily activities. Depending on the area being treated or the amount of Juvéderm® used, we recommend returning home after the procedure.
- Immediately, you will start to see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines where Juvéderm® was administered.
- The treatment area may become swollen and red and may persist for several hours to several days. We recommend ice to reduce swelling.
- Juvéderm® typically last up to six months or longer. Results vary.
Is Juvéderm® Safe?
Juvéderm® injectable gel is a dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in your skin. Juvéderm® has been FDA-approved and is safe and effective for filling moderate to severe wrinkles. In addition to the use of hyaluronic acid for aesthetic treatment, hyaluronic acid has also been used for more than 20 years for injection into arthritic joints to aid movement as well as for eye surgeries and wound repair.
Juvéderm® contains no animal proteins, therefore, requires no allergy testing. Treatments can be performed immediately. The complete risks associated with the procedure will be explained in detail by our board certified physicians during the initial consultation.
How Long Does Juvéderm® Last?
Juvéderm® delivers natural, long-lasting results. Juvéderm® generally lasts up to six months or longer. Results vary with each patient.