Laser Genesis is a safe, non-invasive laser procedure that effectively treats fine lines, large pores, uneven skin texture and diffuse redness – with no “downtime”. Laser Genesis is the ideal treatment for patients that have an active lifestyle looking to improve their appearance – with no disruption of their daily activities.
Laser Genesis can help restore the skin’s youthful glow and appearance by smoothing out uneven texture caused by aging and sun damage. Patients will see a more even, healthy complexion as large pores are reduced in size and minor imperfections are diminished.
What Does it Treat?
Laser Genesis is an FDA-approved technology and safely treats a variety of skin conditions.
Laser Genesis can effectively treat:
- Fine Lines
- Large Pores
- Uneven Skin Texture
- Diffuse Redness
- Acne breakouts (as reported by patients)
Diffuse redness can be defined as facial redness, such as rosy cheeks. This condition is caused by dilated capillaries, resulting in an appearance of general redness. The most commonly affected areas are the nose, forehead and cheeks. Diffuse redness is also associated with a condition commonly known as rosacea. Laser Genesis is very effective for treating diffuse redness.
How Does it Work?
Laser Genesis works by gently heating the upper dermis well below the skin’s surface. Compared to a treatment such as Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), Laser Genesis uses a 1064nm ND:YAG wavelength – which targets deeper into the skin, effectively stimulating collagen production. The end result is smoother, healthier looking skin with marked improvement in texture, fine lines and large pores. Also, additional heat is generated in dilated capillaries that help to reduce redness.
Who is a Candidate?
Laser Genesis treatments are safe and effective for all skin types.
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
The most common areas treated with Laser Genesis are the face and neck. Generally, each patient can expect the following:
- Treatments are performed in the privacy and comfort of Aura Skin Spa, by a physician, registered nurse or nurse practitioner.
- Safety eyeglasses are worn to protect the physician or nurse practitioner and the patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- No gel or topical anesthetic cream is required.
- The laser hand-piece is moved back and forth about ½ inch above the skin.
- A gentle warming sensation is felt. Patients often describe the treatment as relaxing and therapeutic.
- This is repeated over the entire face or the surface-area that is being treated.
- The procedure takes approximately 30-45 minutes for the full face. The treatment can be shorter or longer depending on the area or areas being treated.
- The treated area usually becomes pink and usually lasts only a few minutes to a few hours. Patients can immediately return to their normal activities.
Is it Painful?
There is no discomfort with Laser Genesis treatments. In fact, no anesthetic cream is required prior to the treatment. A slight warming sensation is felt during the treatment and described as relaxing and therapeutic. Some patients often fall asleep during the procedure.
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
The results from Laser Genesis treatments are gradual, however, consistent with each subsequent treatment. On average, a series of three to five treatments are recommended to achieve optimal results. Every patient’s needs and condition vary and Aura offers free consultations that help determine the number of treatments necessary for each patient.