Juvederm® Family Of Products At Aura Skin Spa
Aura offers moderate to severe wrinkle correction using the Juvederm® family of products. The Juvederm® family of products is a brand of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers and Aura offers Juvederm® Ultra XC and Juvederm® Voluma XC. Each is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid. Each Juvederm® product is designed for a specific purpose.
JUVEDERM® Ultra XC
Juvéderm® Ultra XC is a smooth gel made of hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps to add volume and hydration. As we age, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish and over time, wrinkles and folds begin to form. Juvéderm® Ultra XC offers an immediate nonsurgical option that safely and effectively corrects these moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Juvéderm® Ultra XC instantly smooths and corrects moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth. To add fullness to the lips, Juvéderm® Ultra XC is the preferred filler for natural looking and long lasting results.
JUVEDERM® Voluma XC
Juvéderm® Voluma XC is used to lift and contour the cheek area of the face. Juvéderm® Voluma XC adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks to help create a more youthful appearance. As you age, a natural loss of volume occurs in the cheek area. Experts refer to this as age-related midface volume loss. Juvéderm® Voluma XC is the preferred filler this sign of aging.
How Does Juvéderm® Work?
Juvéderm® is an injectable gel dermal filler that is administered by our physician and injection specialists. Juvéderm® is a gel like substance – consisting of hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring substance in your body) and is injected into the soft tissue of the dermis – the dense inner layer of skin beneath the epidermis. This process adds volume which, in turn, diminishes the visible wrinkles and folds. Juvéderm® can be administered safely anywhere in the face. Juvéderm® is very effective for filling the nasolabial folds (laugh lines that run from the nose to the corner of your mouth), enhancing the lips for a fuller look, filling the marionette lines around the mouth and great for chin wrinkles, forehead lines and for lifting and contouring the cheeks.
Ideal Candidates For Juvéderm®
Both, men and women are candidates for the Juvederm® family of products ®. No allergy testing is required and treatments can be performed immediately by our trained medical professionals. Our expert injectors will decide during consultation which Juvederm® product if right for you.
What To Expect During Juvéderm® Appointment
Juvederm® products are used to fill moderate to severe facial wrinkles in the face and used to enhance the lips. During the treatment, each patient can expect the following:
- Treatments are performed in the privacy and comfort of Aura Skin Spa, by an experienced medical professional.
- Aura may provide topical lidocaine prior to the treatment.
- Juvederm® products are administered via an injection process.
- The procedure typically takes 30 minutes or longer to perform. This is dependent on the Juvederm® product and amount that is being used during each treatment.
- Some patients can return immediately to work or resume their normal daily activities. Depending on the area being treated or the amount of product used, we recommend returning home after the procedure.
- Immediately, you will start to see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines where the Juvederm® products were administered.
- The treatment site may become swollen and red and may persist for several hours to several days. We recommend ice to reduce swelling.
- Results with Juvederm® products can last up to six months and some may last longer depending on the Juvederm® product used. Results vary.
Juvederm® products contain no animal proteins, therefore require no allergy testing. Treatments can be performed immediately. The complete risks associated with the procedure will be explained in detail by our medical professional during the consultation process.
How Long Does Juvéderm® Last?
The Juvederm® family of products deliver natural, long-lasting results. Depending on the product used, treatments for facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and lip augmentation, Juvederm® Ultra XC generally lasts up to six months. For treatment with Juvederm® Voluma XC in the cheeks, results can last longer, up to 12 months. Results vary with each patient.
Is Juvéderm® Safe?
Juvéderm® injectable gel is a dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid—a naturally occurring substance in your skin. Juvéderm® has been FDA-approved and is safe and effective for filling moderate to severe wrinkles. In addition to the use of hyaluronic acid for aesthetic treatment, hyaluronic acid has also been used for more than 20 years for injection into arthritic joints to aid movement as well as for eye surgeries and wound repair.