Aura offers moderate to severe wrinkle correction using Restylane® and Perlane®, a highly effective, immediate solution to fill the lines that run from the nose to the corner of the mouth (nasolabial folds). Restylane® and Perlane® can also be used to enhance facial contours in the cheeks and chin and fill acne scars. To augment the lips for a fuller look, Restylane® is the preferred filler. Aura’s physicians, experts in facial aesthetics and cosmetic injectables, provide free consultations to evaluate if Restylane® or Perlane® is the right procedure for you.
What are Restylane® and Perlane®?
Restylane® and Perlane® are a crystal-clear biodegradable gel that is comprised of hyaluronic acid that has been slightly modified to last longer than the body’s natural hyaluronic acid. It’s produced by a biotechnical process and is injected into the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as the lines that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds). Restylane® and Perlane® can be injected anywhere in the face to fill wrinkles or acne scars. For fuller lips, Restylane® is the preferred filler. Furthermore, hylauronic acid is naturally occurring in the body and no allergy testing is required. Restylane® or Perlane® treatments can be performed immediately.
Restylane® vs. Perlane®? The only difference between Restylane® and Perlane® is in the gel particle size. Perlane® gel particles are larger and designed for deeper injection than Restylane®. Our physician will determine which product is right for you.
How Does it Work?
Restylane® and Perlane® are cosmetic dermal fillers injected by a physician to replace lost volume and restore youthful contours to the skin to smooth away moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, add volume to the lips and used to fill scars.
Collagen, elastin and hylauronic acid are the binding materials that provide volume and give a youthful appearance to the skin. Treatment with Restylane® or Perlane® both comprised of hylauronic acid helps to restore this lost volume and lasts for about six months. Perlane® can last slightly longer.
Who is a Candidate?
Men and women are both candidates for Restylane® and Perlane®. No allergy testing is required and treatments can be performed immediately by our board certified physicians.
What Can I Expect During Treatment?
Restylane® and Perlane® are used to fill moderate to severe facial wrinkles in the face. The most common area treated with Restylane® and Perlane® are the lines that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds). For lip augmentation, Restylane® is the preferred filler. During the treatment, each patient can expect the following:
- Treatments are performed in the privacy and comfort of Aura Skin Spa, by a board certified physician.
- Our physician may provide an anesthetic injection prior to the treatment.
- Restylane® and Perlane® are administered via an injection process.
- The procedure typically takes 30 minutes or longer for the physician to perform. This is dependent on the amount of Restylane® or Perlane® used during each treatment.
- Some patients can return immediately to work or resume their normal daily activities. Depending on the area being treated or the amount of Restylane® and Perlane® used, we recommend returning home after the procedure.
- Immediately, you will start to see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines where Restylane® or Perlane® was administered.
- The treatment area may become swollen and red and may persist for several hours to several days. We recommend ice to reduce swelling.
- Results with Restylane®typically last up to six months. Patients have reported a longer duration with Perlane®. Results vary.
Is It Safe?
Restylane® has been used as a cosmetic dermal filler for more than a decade and is the world’s most studied dermal filler. Over 10 million treatments have been performed worldwide. Restylane®and Perlane® have both been approved by the FDA.
Restylane® and Perlane® contain no animal proteins, therefore require no allergy testing. Treatments can be performed immediately. The complete risks associated with the procedure will be explained in detail by our board certified physicians during the initial consultation.
How Long Does it Last?
Restylane® and Perlane® deliver natural, long-lasting results. Restylane® generally lasts up to six months. Some patients have reported Perlane® lasting up to nine months. Results vary with each patient.