San Francisco, CA area men and women who are interested in improving their skin’s health and appearance are encouraged to work with a dermatological professional. Dr. Anthony Waechter of Aura Skin Spa can assist patients in developing a skin care regimen that works for their needs and keeps their skin beautiful, healthy, and youthful for many, many years!
Below are just a few ways in which patients can ensure their skin’s health and beauty over the years:
- Enjoy an antioxidant-rich diet. Not only should patients follow a healthy diet, but they should also consider the benefits of incorporating foods that are rich in antioxidants and nutrients that improve the skin. This includes foods such as berries, citrus fruits, and even dark chocolate.
- Follow a skin care regimen that fits your needs. Some patients have oily skin, while others deal with dryness. It is beneficial for patients to speak with a dermatologist to determine the best skincare products for their skin type and specific concerns. This may include gentle cleaners, moisturizers, toners, and topical medications to control conditions such as acne.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking and tobacco use impacts the body in many different ways, and can also cause premature aging of the skin. Taking the steps to quit smoking and using tobacco can address a wide range of medical conditions and reduce damage to the skin of the face and body.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds. The sun’s UVA and UVB rays are damaging to our skin, and can increase the risk of skin cancer. By avoiding sun exposure and tanning beds, you can reduce sun damage and cancer risks.
- Monitors the skin for skin cancer. In addition to avoiding unwanted sun exposure, patients should also book a skin cancer screening with Dr. Anthony Waechter of San Francisco, CA each year. When skin cancer is caught early, intervention is highly successful and patients can become cancer-free.
- Consider cosmetic treatments that encourage skin cell turnover and collagen production. Certain light therapies and laser treatments available at Aura Skin Spa can exfoliate the skin and increase the production of new skin cells. This, in turn, will provide more youthful skin.
- Protect the skin with sunscreen. Each day, patients should wear high SPF sunscreens on exposed areas of skin regardless of the time spent outdoors. This is the best way to preserve youthful, beautiful skin and avoid the development of sun damage.
Take charge of your skin today!
If you reside in the area of San Francisco, CA and want to work with a dedicated professional to learn about ways to keep the skin healthy and beautiful over the years, we welcome you to book a consultation visit with Dr. Anthony Waechter of Aura Skin Spa. Call (415) 788-3800 and visit him at 118 Columbus Avenue to schedule an appointment and discuss your skin care needs.